A good effort, but still it's another road loss.
I thought the effort was there for most of the game. Gottfried even benched most of the starters early for their lack of defensive intensity and it paid dividends. I think we had a 64-57 lead with 5 minutes to go... then Ole Miss ended the game with a 18-5 run. We wilted down the stretch from their ful court D.
- CMG's intensity. It was good to see.
- Hendrix. What would we be without him?
- Only 10 TOs... although a bunch of them came late when it counted.
- Guard play was pretty bad.
- Davidson was non-exitent for most of the game.
- Another 39 minutes for Steele and 5 to 4 assist to TO.
- Outrebounded by a smaller squad 29-27.
While the effort was much better on the road than we're used to, I think we let this one slip away and now we're officially on the bubble with games at Florida (shudder) and Kentucky coming up next week. Next week is probably our last time in the top 25... and that worries me. We need to steal one on the road at Mississippi State or Tennessee in a big way and TCB with Kentucky next Saturday.