Every year a bunch of kids get duped into thinking they're 1st round material. Others declare because school is just not for them (which I understand as college isn't for everyone). Anyways, the list is here.
Quick thoughts on some of those that stayed in the draft:
1) Aaron Afflalo (UCLA)- He could use another year at UCLA. I suspect he'll be the 2nd coming of Charles O'Bannon in the NBA. That's not a good thing.
2) Mike Conley (tOSU)- He's a lottery pick so he'd be stupid to stay. Saying that, I don't think he's all that good.
3) Daequan Cook (tOSU)- Projected in the mid 1st round so I don't blame him. IMO he has more promise at the next level than Conley.
4) Javaris Crittenden (Ga Tech)- In a league that drafts on potential instead of a body of work, he's virtually a 1st round lock. More than likely he won't have to leave the city as the Hawks need a PG in the worst way and could grab him with the 11th pick. He was up and down at Tech.
5) Jameson Curry (Oklahoma St)- He might be the only one (and his agent) that thinks he's ready for the NBA. No one else seems to think so.
6) Glen Davis (LSU)- He's the next Brandon Bass... and probably a 2nd round pick like his predecesor. He really should've come back.
7) Taurean Green (Florida)- The only Gator that should've gone back to Gainesville. Then again, he might've peaked.
8) Tack Minor (LSU)- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Good luck to him... I know he didn't have much of a choice.
Jermareo Davidson looks to be an early 2nd round choice (#36 according to some draft sites). Hopefully someone takes him in the 1st round so he gets that guaranteed 3 year check. Good luck to him.