They're no Belmont that's for sure! Click here for stats.
I watched a couple of their games and to say I was impressed is an understatement. They beat an underrated Washington and demolished Ohio State to win the NIT tipoff championship. Mark Turgeon inherited a talented squad from Billy Gillispie. IMO I think he'll keep the Aggies at or near the top of the Big 12 for a long time to come.
- 49% FG
- 38% 3PT FG
- +13.1 rebound margin
- 59% from the line
- 14.5 turnovers per game
- allowing 58 PPG on 36.5% FG
Players to watch:
- Josh Carter is their leading scorer and has no problem chucking it from beyond the arc. He's also their best FT shooter so hopefully Gee or Riley (I assume they'll get him defensively) keeps up.
- DeAndre Jordan in the middle is going to alter some shots and clear the boards. We'll probably have to throw a Knox/Coleman combo at him.
- Dominique Kirk takes care of the ball. Check out his assist/TO ratio. I suggest getting the ball out of his hands if possible.
- A&M is really playing well right now... and we're not. I expect a close 1st half. The 2nd half... not so much. A&M wins by 17.
Gametime is 8PM 11/28 on ESPNU (Channel 609 on directv). I'll have to catch the 2nd half of it.
Side note- I'm glad fRan got canned... back to Pittsburgh State with him.