Before I start... they like us... they really like us. This blog is the highest ranked Alabama blog according to blogged.com. Actually, I didn't see any other Alabama blogs listed (looked in football and basketball), but that's besides the point. :)
For the record I'm fine with it the way it is, but to the casual fan there's too many lulls. I say that's due to a short attention span, but that's another blog for another day.
1) Allow fighting. It works in the NHL and it would be even more interesting in MLB. We need more Nolan Ryan/Robin Ventura moments. While I'm on the topic of fighting, let me say that umpires are getting too cute with their warnings for close pitches. Let the players settle their differences.
2) Give the pitcher 15 seconds to throw his next pitch from when the catcher throws him the ball. Too much stalling there. Also, only allow 1 batter timeout per at bat. When the pitching coach or manager comes out to talk to their pitcher, they should have no more than 30 seconds before the ump walks out there to break it up.
3) Move the fences back. The general consent is people love the HR, but the truth is the game would be more interesting watching players busting ass for a triple. Opposite field HRs were at one time a true feat of strength... now every ham and egger can hit one out opposite field.
4) Alternate the DH/P in the lineup. I like the DH as I really don't care to see the pitcher hit, but it would make things interesting by having them alter in the lineup. The MLBPA probably wouldn't like that.
5) Between innings... come up with something more interesting than voting for some stupid song. Hire some cheerleaders and let them dance on the dugout for 2 minutes.
Next blog (I think)... the NFL Draft and the amazing amount of talent at the RB slot.