This is the 145th meeting between Auburn and Alabama with the Crimson Tide holding an 88-56 advantage.
However, Auburn has won six of the last 11 games in the series while Alabama holds a slim 15-13 lead in the last 28 meet- ings.
That is an actual copy from the link above.
Note- above link opens a new page so you won't lose track here.
The Barn come into Tuscaloosa at 14-14 (4-10). They are losers of 7 of their last 9 games... but most of those were relatively close games until late in the 2nd half.
Frankie Sullivan and Kenny Gabirel come in averaging 12.4 and 12.2 PPG. Verez Ward (who was suspended, then reinstated) leads the team in assists and FT attempts. He sucketh bigeth time from the field (.345 FG and .256 3pt FG). Our favorite Rob Chubb is 2nd on the team in boards and is 3rd in total shot attempts... yet still only pulls down 8.4 PPG. Allen Payne and Josh Wallace contribute a little... Payne grabs 4 boards per and Wallace when tempted is decent from the field (.480).
Instead of going through their stats, I'm changing it up and listing ours:
- 19-9 (8-6) and 5-2 at home in conference
- .457 FG and .287 3pt FG. Defensively .384 and .284 from 3.
- Charles Hankerson is statistically OUR BEST 3 POINT SHOOTER at 34.1%. Our 2nd best shooter with more than 30 attempts not suspended from the team is Rodney Cooper at 31.1%. PLAY HANKERSON MORE!
- 71% FT and +2.2 rebound margin
- Defensively we give up 58.1 PPG
Prediction: It's senior night and I figure JaMychal goes off on the Barn for 20/11. Our guard play continues to improve offensively with Cooper, Randolph, and Steele beating down the Barn defense. I don't think they have a chance. Bama by 21.
Game time is 8PM EST (7PM CST) on the SEC Network.