Looking to start a new home winning streak after yet another close but no cigar showing against a top tier team... LSU comes to town in a game I really worry about matchups as they have 9 players 6'6" and taller.
LSU official preview.
LSU comes in 12-5 (3-2 in conference play). Their biggest win to date was this week vs Missouri so they are not exactly world beaters.
The Bengal Tigers have a 3 prong attack led by Johnny O'Bryant (Jr) at 14.4 a game with 7.5 boards. Jordan Mickey is 2nd in both scoring and rebounds (13.1/7.3). He's only a freshman folks. Andre Stringer is their shooter (seems like he's been there since the Chris Jackson days) hitting 40% from 3 and dropping 12 a game. Anthony Hickey runs the point. He is not shooting the ball well, but takes care of the ball (55/17 assist/turnover). Shavon Coleman is their other starter... he's either hot or cold on the offensive end. Let's hope he's cold today (and according to season trends he should be).
Keys for Alabama to win:
- legitimate 2nd scorer. Teams have decided to shut Releford down with double teams so Hale, Cooper, Jacobs, Randolph, anyone has to pick up the slack to open up Releford.
- rebounding... we are not going to win the battle, but have to keep it somewhat close
- ugly up the game
- This season is pretty much over (already) so it would be nice to see what Jimmy Taylor and Shannon Hale can do with extended PT
- Cooper and Randolph got to stop being skeered of shooting when they are open
- Our half court offense is an abortion... time to play uptempo and see how that works for us. I actually like this today as a way to neutralize LSU's inside attack.
Game tips off at 8PM EST (7PM CST) on ESPN2.