This was ours for the taking, but Vandy made an early second half run and we played catchup the rest of the way. Overall, I was happy with how we played.
The was the best 1st half of basketball on the road I've seen from Alabama in 3 years. The second half... not so good, but I was pleased to see the team didn't quit when they fell down by 11 points.
Hack a Ogilvy worked... he was terrible at the line and we took advantage of it.
- Brock's hot shooting in the 2nd half brought us back in the game.
- Overall we did a good job on Ogilvy inside.
- Guard play was outstanding... until the last 2 minutes.
- FT shooting... Torrance especially.
- Shot selection.. terrible by a couple of players.
- Defensvive breakdowns in the 2nd half.
- Rebounding late... Vandy crashed the boards and we didn't block out.
I really like what Pearson is doing with this squad... everyone is getting PT. You can see how much better the team is playing as a whole.
My gripe is Hillman's shot selection. Time after time he takes some of the silliest shots you can think of. He plays out of control most of the time... and while he is an exciting player in the open court, he's not so good in a half court set. Someone needs to sit his ass on the bench when he does this... and our next HC probably will. For all his positives, he has more negatives to his game IMO. He can't shoot but continues to do so, has issues handling the ball while being guarded, and his decision making has a lot to be desired. I'm really getting tired of seeing this from him game after game. It's frustrating!