No sense in doing a 'Know Your Enemy' since I already covered them this season... I'll update stats and give an updated preview.
Previous 'Know Your Enemy' post
Some positives about this match up:
- LSU usually runs 7 out there... being that we only have 8 we trust we shouldn't expect to be pressed much.
- LSU has limped into the SECT going 5-6 since February 1st with no 2 game winning streak
- Jimmy Taylor has been playing much better and I think he's up to task to somewhat keep the LSU's bigs in check if Big Carl can help out with O' Bryant, Mickey, and Martin .
- In the previous match up in Tuscaloosa we had balanced scoring from Releford, Hale, Cooper, and Randolph. I think we get that again plus some quality minutes from Taylor.
Keys to the game:
- Make the LSU guards beat us.
- Uptempo the game (goes against the philosophy of this year's team, but IMO the best approach today)
- Don't get beat too badly on the boards
- Get Randolph and Cooper active on the offensive end
As you saw in my prediction post earlier I picked us to win. Nothing has changed in my mind. I actually think we win comfortably. Maybe it's the Sudafed kicking in again.